What happens if I call the helpline or am referred by an agency?

One of our SUPPORT PRACTITIONERS will take your details and ask you questions about the domestic abuse you are suffering or have suffered in the past. We will also ask you to answer some questions on our risk assessment to see what level of risk you are at so that we can refer you for extra support if necessary. After getting some background information our SUPPORT PRACTITIONERS can give you advice and options as well as assist you in finding refuge space if needed or advising you on other housing options and getting legal advice. We will also help you with safety planning.

We will offer you an appointment if needed for emotional support and further practical advice. Or you can call our helpline as and when advice/support is needed. For service users requiring intensive support, we may be able to offer regular one to one appointments for ongoing emotional support, general advice as well as signposting to other relevant agencies in the area and our group work and counselling services. Clients that are not able to get to our outreach centre in Basildon we will book appointments at council offices or children’s centres local to you.

Our referral form can be downloaded Changing Pathways referral form rev Mar 2019