In these unprecedented and challenging times, Changing Pathways has been working hard to ensure continuity of our essential services for victims of domestic abuse in South and South West.
- We continue to provide outreach support through phone and video chat
- We continue to accept new referrals for outreach support for those living in the community
- We continue to accept referrals for our refuge space when it is available
- We continue to provide refuge support for those who are unable to stay in their home
- Our one to one counselling support is on hold during the lockdown but emotional support via phone is available for all our service users during this difficult time
You can refer yourself for support during this time and we will continue to take new referrals during this time.
Contacting us during the COVID-19 pandemic
We appreciate that this could be a very dangerous time for people subjected to domestic abuse as they are locked down in houses with the person perpetrating the abuse. It may not always be safe to contact us via the phone so we have expanded the ways that you can contact us
- We are available to answer calls on our main number 01268 729 707 between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday
- We have a new online chat facility available via our website at the following times 10am-12pm and 3pm-4pm Monday to Friday (not bank holidays) and Tuesday evenings 7pm-8pm
- Our DMs (direct messages) are available on our social media pages (replies during office hours, Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm)
Remember that if you are in danger then you must call 999 – the police continue to respond to emergencies during this time. If you are in danger but unable to talk then make a Silent Solutions call by dialling 999 and then pressing 55 – the local police force will be able to respond to your call.
For advice and support outside of normal office hours then you can contact
Compass (domestic abuse support for Essex residents)- 0330 333 7 444 (24 hours a day)
National Domestic Abuse Helpline – 0808 2000 247 (Freephone, 24 hours a day)Categories: General